Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

[Toy] Legion Class Evac

Toy has posted a new item, 'Legion Class Evac'


This little guy is supposed to be a representation of the dude you ride in, in
the Transformers Ride at Universal Studios Singapore and somewhere else. There
is the only place where you can buy a deluxe sized one, but they did have the
fore-sight to make up a smaller Legion sized fellow for general release. I
grabbed it because I think it is cool. Read on to find out why. He comes
packaged in robot mode, much like most of the legion class characters doe. What
I like about this guy is that he looks like a Cybertronian mode car with jets
and doodads sticking out the front and back. At the time, the game Fall of
Cybertron was kicking about and this guy looks like a prime candidate for that
game, he never shows in the game but its a cool vehicle nonetheless. Annoyingly
he comes with a generic legion class gummy weapon, it looks exactly like
Bumblebees weapon. It looks a bit large and derpy and I think I lost it
somewhere too. Articulation is about what you would expect from a Legion
figure. Knees, hips and shoulders all using ball joints, except for the knees
which are hinged. I would have like an elbow joint as his arms look rather long.
Ambient sculpting is pretty good and there is a LOT of detail on the little guy.
Paint work cant quite be held to the same standard though. The Autobot symbol is
nice and crisp, but he just has a big blob of white on his face, groin and some
red on his arms. I really like the look of the robot mode and he is fun to play
with. His knee does bend a little bit low, so it can look odd, but it does have
a good range of motion. The face sculpt looks like it should be nice, but the
wash on his face really does hide any details to see. Rather sad really. I love
the chest shape and how its formed as its Classic Transformer car robot.
Transformation for Evac is fun, simple and quick. Pretty much what the Legion
size is all about really. MMMMMMmmm, look at that. its muy beefy.. I love the
large jet thing on the back, big exposed wheels at the back, the laser thing
sticking out of the grill just looks so cool. The feet stick of the top vehicle
roof, but this is in line with the vehicle mode for the ride, as the black
section is where people sit and there are chairs sticking up, so that kind of
makes it cool. You can also pop him up on his rear rocket, like a rocket.
Wooo! Damn, I love this vehicle mode. I found when I had it out for the shoot,
I found myself driving it along stuff and using the jet booster to make the jump
across impossible gaps. Its a very fun toy. This is a great toy. Quick to
change, adequate robot mode and beasty looking vehicle mode all add up to a lot
of fun. I think the only people who wouldnt like it are those who arent that
fond of future cars. I do think that everyone else will love it. I do. I think
kids will too!


You may view the latest post at
http://toy.web.id/legion-class-evac/

Best regards,
Toy
http://toy.web.id